Extension Agents directly deliver extension programming for target audiences, mostly within defined geographic areas and to varying degrees of specialization. They have pertinent graduate degrees and serve as either county, multi-county, regional specialized, or state-wide specialized agents.
As subject-matter experts, Extension Specialists support extension agents’ programs in a variety of ways (e.g., workshops, extension products for dissemination, in-service training), as well as deliver university expertise directly to industry/resource agency professionals over broader geographic areas (e.g. state-wide, SE regional, national). They have terminal degrees for their field (e.g. PhD, DVM, JD).
Florida Sea Grant member institutions have many faculty members and departments whose expertise align with the mission and focus areas of FSG. Typical engagement of these affiliate researchers with FSG includes serving as expert advisors, supporting extension programming, and/or collaborating on grants.
- Robert Ahrens – Fisheries Research
- Michael Allen – Fisheries Research
- David Chagaris – Fisheries Research (scroll down)
- Andrew Kane – Aquatic Pathobiology Lab
- Kai Lorenzen – Fisheries Research
- Naim Montazeri – Food Virology Research
- Will Patterson – Fisheries Research
- Anita Wright – Aquatic Pathogens Research