The Florida Sea Grant Advisory Council is comprised of leaders from the private sector, non-governmental organizations, local governments, and state and federal agencies who are actively engaged in issues related to the sustainable management of Florida’s coastal and marine economies and natural resources.
They serve a term of four years, concurrent with the timeline of the four-year strategic plan, and they generously provide their time, knowledge, experiences and ideas to help Florida Sea Grant maintain excellence and relevance in its research, extension and education at state, regional and national levels. We sincerely thank the council members for their willingness to help the program.
Advisory Council Membership 2017
- Bob Aylesworth, Council Chair, Owner, Aylesworth’s Fish and Bait, Inc.
- Jim Cantonis, Council Co-Chair, President, Acme Sponge & Chamois Co., Inc.
- Kevin Claridge, Director, Florida Coastal Office, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- George Cretekos, Mayor, City of Clearwater
- Billy Causey, Southeast Regional Director for the National Marine Sanctuary Program
- Spencer Crowley, Partner & Land Use Attorney, Akerman Law Firm
- Victor Garrido, Quality Assurance Director, Quirch Foods, Co.
- Bill Kelly, Executive Director, Florida Keys Commercial Fishermen’s Association
- Ernesto Lasso de la Vega, Citizen Advisory Committee of the Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Program
- Kathleen Elliott, Vice President, Mahogany Youth Corporation
- Laura Geselbracht, Senior Marine Scientist, The Nature Conservancy
- Greg Jacoski, Guy Harvey Inc.
- Gil McRae, Director, FWC Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
- Richard Pruitt, Associate Vice President, Environmental Programs, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
- Michael Rimoldi, Senior Vice President, Education and Technical Programs, Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)
- Jerry Sansom, Executive Director, Organized Fishermen of Florida
- Shawn Stephenson, co-ower, Southern Cross Sea Farms
- Steve Stock, Victory Consulting LLC
- Jacqui Sulek, Chapter Network Manager, Audubon Florida
Every Florida Sea Grant extension agent also has an advisory committee comprised of local and regional citizens who advise them on their extension and education programs.