The Florida Sea Grant Advisory Council is comprised of leaders from the private sector, non-governmental organizations, local governments, and state and federal agencies who are actively engaged in issues related to the sustainable management of Florida’s coastal and marine economies and natural resources.
They serve a term of four years, concurrent with the timeline of the four-year strategic plan, and they generously provide their time, knowledge, experiences and ideas to help Florida Sea Grant maintain excellence and relevance in its research, extension and education at state, regional and national levels. We sincerely thank the council members for their willingness to help the program.
Council Membership 2016
- Bob Aylesworth, Council Chair, Owner, Aylesworth’s Fish and Bait, Inc.
- Jim Beever, Principal Planner, Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council
- Jim Cantonis, Council Co-Chair, President, Acme Sponge & Chamois Co., Inc.
- Kevin Claridge, Director, Florida Coastal Office, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- George Cretekos, Mayor, City of Clearwater
- Billy Causey, Southeast Regional Director for the National Marine Sanctuary Program
- Spencer Crowley, Partner & Land Use Attorney, Akerman Law Firm
- Ernesto Lasso de la Vega, Citizen Advisory Committee of the Charlotte Harbor National Estuarine Program
- Kathleen Elliot, Vice President of the Mahogany Youth Corporation
- Laura Geselbracht, Senior Marine Scientist, The Nature Conservancy
- Leslie Chapmen-Henderson, President and CEO, Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)
- Greg Jacoski, Guy Harvey Inc.
- Elliot Kampert, Director of Growth Management, Okaloosa County
- Gary Lytton, Executive Director, Friends of Rookery Bay
- Gil McRae, Director, FWC Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
- Gib Migliano, President, Save On Seafood
- Michael Poff, Vice President, Coastal Engineering Consultants Inc.
- Richard Pruitt, Associate Vice President, Environmental Programs, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
- Jerry Sansom, Executive Director, Organized Fishermen of Florida
- Dan Solano, Owner, Cedar Key Aquaculture Farms Inc.
- Steve Stock, Victory Consulting LLC
- Jacqui Sulek, Chapter Network Manager, Audubon of Florida
Every Florida Sea Grant extension agent also has an advisory committee comprised of local and regional citizens who advise them on their extension and education programs.