This opportunity is now open.
The scholarship is competitive and open to students at Florida colleges and universities, or to any college student whose application is endorsed by a FOWA member or a faculty adviser. Up to three scholarships of $1,000 each are awarded. These scholarships are intended for college-aged students whose career goals are to communicate to the public an appreciation for hunting, fishing and other aspects of the outdoor experience. Preference will be given to journalism and communications majors. Preference will be given to journalism and communications majors.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to submit a packet consisting of:
- An essay of 500 to 750 words that expresses your appreciation for the outdoor experience.
- A letter of endorsement/recommendation by the applicant’s faculty adviser or FOWA member.
- An up-to-date resumé that demonstrates the applicant’s scholastic merit and extracurricular activities.
- (Optional) Supporting materials such as links to published articles, YouTube videos, or websites that applicants would like to include for judges’ consideration.
- A letter of endorsement/recommendation from a faculty adviser or FOWA member.
New! The application process is online. Applicants are asked to combine their essay and resumé in one PDF document that can uploaded at the application site. Supporting materials if included should be listed in a separate PDF document for uploading.
A separate web link is provided at the application site for faculty advisers to upload a PDF of their letter of recommendation.
Begin the application process at this link: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8DrYbMM5rupANcF
Applications are due at 11:59 pm EDT on Friday, August 2, 2019.
Learn more about past recipients of the FOWA Scholarship Program.
Butch Newell, FOWA Executive Director