This opportunity is now closed.
This scholarship is funded by the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation, and it is administered by the Florida Sea Grant College Program.
The Guy Harvey Scholarship Awards support undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled full time at Florida institutions of higher education who are conducting research related to the biology, ecology, habitat, or management of fish in Florida’s marine environment.
Up to eight scholarships will be given this year to outstanding Florida students. The scholars will receive a certificate designed and signed by Guy Harvey, and $5,000 to support their academic program.
Learn more about current and past Guy Harvey scholarship award recipients at this web link.
To complete this application you will need:
- A current resume.
- A two-page career statement which describes the key experiences that led you to this point in your career and explains your qualifications for this scholarship.
- A photocopy of your college transcripts.
- Two-page description of the research you are conducting for your master’s thesis, Ph.D. dissertation, or formal undergraduate research project.
- One letter of recommendation (PDF) submitted directly online at the link provided below.
- A signed letter of good standing from the student’s faculty advisor on university letterhead (PDF), submitted directly online at the link provided below.
|Open for Application||October 13, 2020|
|Application Deadline||January 14, 2021; 3 p.m. EST|
|Applications Review||February to June 2021|
|Finalist Selection||July 2021|
|Awards||Scholarship payments on July 2021|
|Recipients Recognition||Certificates will be delivered to recipients on Fall 2021|
- The Applicant should combine resume, two-page career statement, photocopy of transcripts, and a two-page description of research in one PDF document and upload it at the link provided in the submission section below. How to combine and merge files into one PDF
- Letter Writers and Faculty Advisors should upload their documents at the link provided in the submission section below. Letters from advisors should mention the student’s name who is applying for the 2021 Guy Harvey Scholarship, affirm that this student is enrolled full-time and is in good standing and that she/he is the faculty advisor during the scholarship period.
- YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED ACCEPTABLE FOR REVIEW UNTIL ALL REQUESTED MATERIALS ARE RECEIVED.
- This is a student scholarship and no indirect costs are allowed.
- No match is required.
- Deadline: Applications for this award period must be received by 3 p.m. EST on Thursday, January 14, 2021.
Applications are review by a panel of faculty members from Florida universities, this panel will recommend scholarship finalists to the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation.
The awards program takes into consideration the breadth of research methods needed to effectively understand and sustainably manage marine fish. Students conducting field observations, experiments, modeling, or data synthesis are all eligible for this scholarship opportunity.
For an idea of what kinds of projects have been funded, visit the page of current and past scholarship recipients.
Want to increase your chances for success? We’ve compiled 7 Scholarship-Maximizing Tips on our Facebook page!
This scholarship is funded by the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation, and it is administered by the Florida Sea Grant College Program. A panel of faculty members from Florida universities will review applications and recommend scholarship finalists to the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation.
Submit Your Application Here
For questions about the scholarship or the application process, contact:
Florida Sea Grant College Program
University of Florida
1762 McCarty Drive, Building 803
PO Box 110400
Gainesville, FL 32611-0400