This opportunity is now closed.
The John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship provides a unique educational experience to graduate students who have an interest in ocean or coastal resources and in the national policy decisions affecting those resources.
The program matches highly qualified graduate students with hosts in the legislative and executive branch of federal government in the Washington, D.C. area, for a one-year paid fellowship. The amount of this award, contingent on federal funding, is up to $84,000. The award is provided to each fellow for stipend, living expense and travel. Additional information is at the National Sea Grant Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship page.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to reach out to the Florida Sea Grant Director, Sherry Larkin, one to two months prior to the state application deadline to receive application support and provide notification of an intent to apply.
Explore some of our Knauss fellows’ experiences:
Amelia Roskar, 2020 Knauss Fellowship
Alexandra Skrivanek, 2020 Knauss Fellowship
Bianca Prohaska, 2019 Knauss Fellowship
- Application packages must include all elements required by the National Sea Grant Office.
- Application packages should be submitted through the Florida Sea Grant webpage.
- All applicants will interview with the Florida Sea Grant Director sometime in December 2020/January 2021 for guidance regarding the development of their application package.
|Open for Application||October 26, 2020|
|Close Application at Florida Sea Grant (FSG)||February 19, 2021|
|Interviews with FSG Director||December 2020 - January 2021|
|Selection of Students for National Competition||February, 2021|
|Application Packets from Selected Students are Submitted to the National Sea Grant Office||April 2, 2021|
|All Applicants are Notified About Results from the State Competition||March-April, 2021|
|FSG Office is Notified About Finalists from the National Competition||June, 2021|
|Finalists are Notified About National Competition’s Results||June-July, 2021|
- All required elements by the National Sea Grant Office should be submitted at the link provided in the submission section below. No application materials will be received through email.
- Letter writers should sign and upload their letters at the link provided in the submission section below. All letters must be submitted directly from the letter writers through the link provided below.
- YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED ACCEPTABLE FOR REVIEW UNTIL ALL REQUESTED MATERIALS ARE RECEIVED.
- Deadline: All application packages must be submitted by February 19, 2021, @ 5 PM.
Submit Your Application Here
Knauss Fellowship Advisory Council
The Knauss Fellowship Advisory Council is comprised of graduates from Florida universities who held Knauss Fellowships during the last two years. They have volunteered to provide guidance to Knauss applicants on an as-need basis. We appreciate their willingness to help the candidates.