Florida Sea Grant, in conjunction with Monroe County and Erin L. Deady, P.A., will host a free workshop “Sea-Level Rise and Flooding: Planning and Law for Local Governments” in Marathon from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on January 9, 2019.
The workshop faculty includes local government staff, academics, practitioners, and consultants.
What will the workshop cover?
- A brief overview of sea-level rise and flooding projections and the 4th National Climate Assessment
- Key infrastructure, financial and legal challenges in flooding and sea-level rise adaptation
- Examples of proactive local government assessment of vulnerabilities through data collection and analysis and policy responses
- Examination of the Southeast Climate Compact’s Regional Climate Action Plan
- Information about the National Flood Insurance Program.
See the full agenda here.
Registration is required to receive the free lunch that will be provided to attendees. Professional credits for floodplain managers, AICP-certified planners, and attorneys have been applied for and are pending. Receipt of professional credits also requires registration.
Register through January 4, 2019 at the following link: https://goo.gl/oPk2pA