Florida Sea Grant’s first legal workshop in its second series of workshops for local governments took place Friday, September 23, 2016 at the offices of the Northeast Florida Regional Council, in Jacksonville. Workshop attendees included local government attorneys, engineers, planners, and public works directors as well as elected officials, non-profits, state employees, and private consultants. The agenda for the workshop is available HERE.
Here are the slides from the presentations that took place during the day. Presentations are in the order in which they occurred.
- Dr. Jason Evans, Adaptation in a Sea of Uncertainty: evans_present-1_9-23-2016_jacksonville
- Thomas Ruppert, Sea-Level Rise and Flooding: Legal, Fiscal, & Regulatory Challenges for Local Government, Part I: ruppert_fisc-reg-challenges_9-23-16_jacksonville
- Erin Deady, Climate, Sea Level Rise and Planning for the Future: deady_present-_1_9-23-16_jacksonville
- Patrick McCormack, Jordan et al. v. St. Johns County: mccormack_summer-haven-v2-092216
- Alex Stewart, Environmentally Compromised Roads: stewart_model-ordinance-ppt
- Dr. Jason Evans, Sticking Our Heads in the Sewers, Not in the Sand: evans_presentation_2_9-23-2016_jacksonville
- Reuben Franklin, Sea-Level Rise Challenges, Planning & Responses: franklin_slr_2016-09-21_final
- Sean Reiss, Community Resiliency Initiative: Planning for Sea Level Rise: reiss_9-23-16_jacksonville
- Courtney Barker, City of Satellite Beach, Community Based Planning for Coastal Resiliency: barker_city-of-satellite-beach-resiliency
- Erin Deady, GreenKeys!: A Case Study on SLR in the Florida Keys: deady_2_monroe-case-study-09-23-16
If you missed this workshop, not to worry: Future workshops will also be organized for the east-central Florida coast, southeast Florida, southwest Florida, the Tampa Bay area, and the Florida Panhandle. If you have specific questions or issues you would like to see addressed, suggestions for participants, or would like to participate as a local partner in design or hosting, please contact Thomas Ruppert at firstname.lastname@example.org.