Introductory Training in
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Using Applications for Natural Resource Management
Florida Sea Grant, the University of Florida IFAS Extension, and Golder Associates invites you to register for a 4-day intensive training using ArcGIS Pro, a powerful tool for managing natural resources and guiding growth and development processes.
The next training is scheduled for:
August 24 – 27, 2020
In this Training
You will be introduced to ArcGIS Pro, the primary product used by professionals to compile, analyze, and manage geographic information.
You will learn the most commonly used GIS skills in the industry today by completing “real-world” exercises that will build your confidence using GIS, increase your awareness about GIS data sources and help you explore GIS tools to enhance your research program.
How It Works
The training will be ONLINE. We will have morning Zoom sessions to introduce geospatial concepts (8:30-10:30 am) follow by daily assigned exercises (3-4 exercises per day) that participants will complete on their own using the training’s workbook. We will reconvene (via a Zoom session) at the end of the day to discuss any issues/questions regarding the daily assigned exercises.
– Participants should have access to a computer. To see your computer’s ability to run ArcGIS Pro 2.5 go to https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm.
– An excellent internet connection.
– If needed, participants can download the trial version of the ArcGIS Pro 2.5 software (21 days) just prior to the training.
– We will mail a printed workbook documenting the steps required to complete the exercises and the information presented during the lectures.
– Several trainers will be available via email/phone/individual Zoom meetings to provide assistance over the duration of the 4 day training.
Participants are strongly encourage to schedule 4 consecutive days to complete the training. However, we understand that this might be difficult for some participants. Therefore, recordings of the lectures (morning and afternoon sessions) will be available on the training website. Participants can complete the exercise over a two-week period after August 27,2020. One or two instructors will be available via email/phone to discuss any questions or issues during this extended time-frame for completing the training.
Who and Why You Should Attend
What You Will Learn
For the 3.5-day training:
UF Faculty and Staff . . . . . . . . $550
UF Students . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$300
Non-UF Professionals . . . . . . $550
Please visit the Eventbrite website for registration:
Our Contact Details!
email@example.com | (352) 392-6234
GIS Training Test Scores
Exercises and Materials
Electronic versions of materials and exercises can be found in this link.
This information is password protected.
The information to access this materials is provided to participants during the GIS Training.