Bob Swett is the Florida Sea Grant specialist on boating and waterway management issues within Florida’s Cooperative Extension Service. His programmatic mission is to build a comprehensive extension and research program designed to foster the responsible use and management of Florida’s waterways. The primary focus of his extension program is to develop science-based information and methods that planners, managers, regulators, policymakers and others can use to plan for and manage surface water uses. In addition, he develops and implements training in the use of geospatial information technologies for natural resource management for audiences both within and external to UF. Dr. Swett, staff, and students also create informational products to promote stewardship and responsible and safe behavior among recreational waterway users.
- Coastal resource management
- Boating and water use planning and management
- Geographic information technologies
- Ph.D., Geography, University of Florida
- M.A., Latin American Studies, University of Florida
- B.S., Forest Management, University of Maine at Orono