Duties include extension services and research addressing technical aspects of seafood and aquaculture product safety, quality and nutrition in both domestic and international commerce, as well as stakeholder interests in commerce and regulation from production and processing through food service and retail sectors.
- Seafood safety
- Nutritional, instrumental, flavor, & sensory analysis of seafood products
- Consulting and problem solving, with specialization in chromatographic and solid phase microextraction separation techniques
- Oxidative rancidity and product shelf-life determinations
- Former CEO of an independent food testing laboratory
- Ph.D., Food Science & Human Nutrition, University of Florida
- BS, Agriculture (Food Science), University of Florida